The Music In Africa Conference for Collaborations Exchange and Showcases (ACCES), taking place in Accra, Ghana, on 14 to 16 November 2019, invites music professionals and organisations to apply for an opportunity to present a conference session at the music industry event. Two slots have been made available for the presentations in this call.
ACCES is held in a different African country each year, bringing together influential music industry players from across the globe to exchange ideas, discover new talent and accelerate the shaping of a vibrant music sector on the continent. Launched in Dakar in 2017 and held in Nairobi in 2018, ACCES has grown to be one of the leading events of its kind on the continent.
The event’s programme typically includes training workshops, panel discussions, presentations, live performances, networking sessions, exhibitions and visits to key music industry hubs in the host city. More than 1 000 delegates from about 40 countries are expected to attend ACCES in Accra this year.
We seek proposals from music industry experts who are willing to share their vision and knowledge with a diverse audience on relevant topics related to the music sector on the continent and internationally.
The application deadline is 30 April 2019 (midnight CAT).
Format and content
- Can involve one or two speakers and is limited to 45 minutes, including a 15-minute exchange with the audience.
- Is presented in English or French.
- Should offer hands-on knowledge, solid information and an innovative approach.
- Be cutting-edge and worth sharing with a local, African and international audience.
- Focus on a specific issue or aspect of the industry rather than general, broad-ranging matters.
- Aim to suggest solutions to the targeted issues.
- Be dynamic and skilfully presented
Compelling topics could be new technologies that are changing the music business, new and disruptive solutions, mobility etc. Presentations that integrate unique interactive elements or performances are most welcome. See ACCES 2017 and ACCES 2018 programmes to get a better idea of the conference and its topics.
ACCES will provide the successful speaker(s) with:
- A free full access pass for the duration of the event, including WiFi.
- A dedicated time slot in the official programme.
- Necessary equipment (PA and presentation screen).
- Promotional benefits, including profile and logo on printed programme and on the website, newsletter visibility (+35K people), access to online delegate database and a dedicated ‘meet the speakers’ networking session
- Accommodation for the duration of the event.
- Airport transfers and local transport from/to hotel and venue.
- ACCES does not cover air travel costs . Speakers based outside Accra should be prepared to provide own funding for transport costs to and from the city.
- Applicants should be prepared to be available for the duration of ACCES and to present on any of the dates (14 to 16 November 2019).
How to apply
- Read the call carefully
- Create a profile on the Music in Africa Artist & Industry section (optional).
Use this link: https://www.musicinafrica.net/user/register and make sure that your profile is up to date, as this is the profile that the selection committee will review.
Please note: You may find your profile already created by a Music in Africa contributor. In that case, you would need to follow the online steps to claim it. Once you have control of your profile, make sure to update the information.
- Complete and submit the form, in English or in French, including the following information:
- An updated biography highlighting your expertise in the topic of your presentation
- A summary of your presentation.
- Two high-resolution promotional photos (300 dpi, one landscape and one portrait, and related credits).
- The form will not allow applicants to save and complete later. Before you complete it, make sure you have all the requirements.
- Only complete applications will be considered.
- Only applications submitted via the dedicated online form will be considered. Email applications will not be considered.
- Late applications will not be considered.